Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Poly and Then Some: questions

Poly and Then Some: questions

My emmie came up with a post that has set my mind working and this is not going to be a definitive statement on it. The relationship between love and Mastery is extremely complex and more than a little mysterious to me. I've been trying to understand the relationship in terms of various types of care to this point but although I'm fairly confident in relating love as a type of care, it is so qualitatively different from other concerns, "cares", troubles, responsibilities that it is difficult to pin down. Mastery is definitely akin to love in the responsibilities that it lays upon the Master, as love does to the lover. And I can't really imagine a full fledged Mastery of someone without love being requisite. But then there's the difference between love and "in love", and the infinitely varying degrees of "in love", and is passion the same as love in this instance or not? And of course I'm drawing out and pulling up more questions than answers myself.

No comments: