Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Complaints

Someone commented that my chief complaint was my co-worker, not the people I co-habit with. Which of course is perfectly accurate. The last post was a bit of a tongue in cheek look at the complaints a Master gets when he doesn't come up to snuff. As far as my complaints with mitda and emmie, well, I don't have any. Which makes perfect sense. If I had a complaint with either of them it would be taken up and dealt with right away and then forgotten.

It doesn't happen quite that easily for the Master, in that he has the responsibility for caring for his slaves and ensuring they have what they need. Which in this case is enough of the right sort of attention and recognition. And sometimes I don't have sufficient energy, but more often I'm not entirely sure what kind of attention and recognition they're in need of. And they can't necessarily just tell me either, because they don't know. It's the job of the teacher to run ahead and find out what the student is in need of, procure it and provide it at the very time the student needs it. At this I've been falling down on the job a bit lately. I hope my wonderful girls will continue to understand the reasons and wait for me to get it together.

Mitdasein

No comments: