Monday, July 30, 2007

Convoluted Day

The last post completely upset mitda.  We worked it out - I think she understands my viewpoint better now without my having had to be too heavy handed.  emmie was another side to the story, but I'll get back to that in a future post, I hope (you can see emmie's own story on her blog listed on the blogroll to the left).

It was a weird day all round.  It came to the point where I had to deal with my co-worker's sulkiness directly and get us back on track to test our development work and put it into production.  At the same time I am discussing with a high profile firm a new position that could possibly involve some high level management work and systems architecture, rather than the grunt work I've mostly been stuck with since moving countries out of the blue last year.  It would be very nice to be involved at a decision making level again.

I hope this humidity and damp quits soon.  We've had the 3rd wettest summer on record here this year and the constant gray and humid air is dragging me out badly.  Anyone have an extra sun lamp they want to donate?  I really didn't expect to need one in Texas.

No comments: