Tuesday, July 31, 2007

comments on mitda on Gloria Brame's blog

Mithras Invicti wrote a post today on Gloria Brame's blog quoting from a very self-revealing post by my mitda on her blog.

I don't know Mithras well, although he and mitda are good friends.  But his post was very meaningful to me because he talked about her development in terms of self actualization.  Although Mithras discusses self actualization in more psychological terms and I discuss it in more philosophical terms, it is the most important aspect of our relationship to me.  The order I give my slaves that underlies all the little orders and directives is "become what you most are".  Possibility is always higher than actuality for me.

People who have never and will never experience a TPE/IE relationship probably have a hard time understanding that we who are doing it do it, despite laws against it, despite societal censure, because it is who we most are.  Not that I'm pleading for D/s rights in this post. I enjoy doing what I do in defiance of society, because I find society wanting in so many ways.

My previous post mentioned "unlimited responsibility".  As a TPE/IE Master I am 100% responsible for everything in my slaves' lives.  This responsibility goes beyond anything that has been expected by society in the institutions of marriage or even parenthood.  And by this I mean that I am responsible for their possibilities, ensuring they have the opportunities to uncover them, develop them, and become them.  This is how I express my own highest possibility.  As a teacher I can show my slaves the beginnings of many of the paths they might travel on.  But I can't go along them.  I have my own path and whether it is in fact the right one I don't know, I won't know until I've gone all the way along it.

No comments: