Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oh Bondage, up yours!

Welp it's 4:40-something and I'm waiting for mitda to brew some coffee. We both woke at 1:30 originallly but managed to go back to sleep together for 3 hours. 3 hours of sleep that I desperately needed. I have an RSI in my neck from keyboarding / mousing and the pain has been particularly sharp all night tonight. The office is unbearably hot, thanks to the two space heaters (read a Sun Blade 2000 and an IBM RS/6000) that are in here at present. The RS is not so bad, but there's a reason Sun called its machines Suns. So I need coffee and excedrin and ibuprofen to get the head and neck into gear.

Thursday already and I have too much work to finish this week. And this weekend is booked off, there's no time to do much if any overtime to finish it up. A lot of what I'm doing at work are long-winded tests that take hours before they unearth issues, but they have to be done. Part of the reason they take so long has to do with populating our cache database - out of a current total of 37,000+ records the most I've actually been able to populate and test is 1700, because in development the database is blown away every night and recreated by scripts, and it takes hours to populate just those few records, coming as they do from a programming interface to a very slow database located in Ohio. So what does this have to do with BDSM? Nothing much, except it shows you the master's masochistic side ; ).

A new set of bondage cuffs and associated gear arrived yesterday and I took the opportunity to lock up emmie last night as well as mitda. mitda is pretty used to it now, but it was the first time emmie had been locked up all night without any way of releasing herself (the cuffs were padlocked and without the key - no way to unlock them). She seemed to do well, there were no issues when I unlocked her this morning. Being bound at night is something I prefer for my slaves but we are doing it progressively, both for practical reasons (purchase of bondage gear) and psychological reasons. I will be picking up a couple more padlocks today which will allow me to lock mitda's wrists to her thighs all night. Although I can't do this at present with emmie as well, as of tonight she will wear a different collar at night and her wrists will be locked together, then locked to the collar. mitda is ready to sleep in a somewhat uncomfortable position, emmie's position will be uncomfortable simply because it won't be released all night, but I feel she needs more time before she's ready to be both fully bound and strapped down to the bed all night.

You might wonder why I go to this trouble, especially when I'm generally a very lazy dom. But it is important in terms of the slave internalizing their place in the household. To be locked up and bound at night enforces their position as one of property. Unlike some D/s dynamics I do not like to denigrate or remove the slave's person from the equation by treating them as an object of property, other than in play or scening, I prefer to treat them fully as people. But they remain owned people. Having them as owned people and not things to me simply increases their worth. And the more fully I own their bodies, hearts and minds, the more worth they have to me as well.

No comments: