Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Job Realization

The holidays made me realize how burned out I've been with work, not merely due to the 2 hour each way commute, but due to the lack of direction and progress during the 8 hours in between, while I'm there, which is made palpably worse by the restrictions and rules on me while I am there. As a result I gave notice yesterday, something made rather easier by the fact that I was offered a position at equivalent salary at a place without such restrictions that happens to be 10 minutes from home : ). Given that I live in the middle of nowhere, the chances of getting something 10 minutes from here are slim to none, and slim usually left town, but there just happens to be an engineering site in a little town 10 minutes away from this little town, and they were looking for just such a developer as me.

So today I go back to my old job after the holiday and get to piss around until they get sick of me being there and tell me not to finish up my notice, or like everything else there nobody pays any attention and I put in the few days I have to give and then quietly disappear. Either way it's much better than the stress I was under, and I'm looking forward to a better milieu beginning January 7.

1 comment:

AmandaLP said...

Congrats on the new job! I know that being that close to home can only have good consequences!